Consider the preoccupied man impatiently making his way through his bank’s lobby on a Friday afternoon at the close of an exhausting week. All he can think about is that today is his wife’s birthday and he has zippo planned. Kicking himself, his eye catches a digital billboard featuring an ocean-view restaurant with rotating images of mouth-watering dishes and coastal tranquility. It is the perfect setting for his wife’s celebration! He reaches for his phone to call for a reservation.
That is an example of indoor Digital Out of Home (DOOH) advertising. There was a time when traditional out of home advertising was part of every major highway’s landscape in the form of huge static print billboards pointing travelers to the spoils waiting for them at the next exit. Today’s versions are far more diverse in size, location, and application, and so eye-catching your attention is inescapable.
The genius of DOOH advertising is that the messaging is visual and can be placed almost anywhere customers can be found. Why is that genius, because the human brain was designed to absorb visual intelligence. Visual messaging is also the most efficient and effective marketing method. Need more proof, check out the following data points.
- 90% of the information processed by the brain is visual
- It takes only 13 milliseconds for the human brain to process an image
- The human brain processes images 60,000 times faster than text
- 80% of people remember what they see, compared to 10% of what they hear and 20% of what they read
- In responses to a recent survey, 95% of B2B buyers said that they wanted shorter and highly visual content
- Publishers that feature visual content grow traffic 12 times faster than those who don’t
- Most people only read 20-20% of the words on a page
- 80% of people watch a video, whereas only 20% of people will read the text of an article
Say hello to Myrtle Beach’s exclusive Indoor Billboard Network. Check out our options for a turbo-charged boost to marketing your business!